This is the Primary Eyecare and Referral Service. If you have any sudden onset issues with your eyes or vision, a PEARS appointment can be made to ascertain the problem. This is a free service, and it allows our optometrist to help treat you, or in more serious cases refer you to your GP or local hospital.
Recent eye conditions that can be treated by the service include:
- Red eye
- Dry eye, gritty and uncomfortable eyes
- Irritation and inflammation of the eye
- Significant recent sticky discharge from the eye or watery eye
- Recently occurring or sudden increase of flashes and floaters
- Painful eye
- Ingrowing eyelashes
- Recent and sudden reduced vision
- Something in your eye
It is important to remember that this is not a regular eye test and should only be used for the above issues (the list is not exhaustive) We will try our hardest to fit you in at the earliest time available at your convenience.