NHS Optical vouchers
You may be entitled to an NHS optical voucher to help with the cost of your glasses or contact lenses.
Check your eligibility: Are you….
- aged under 16
- aged 16, 17, or 18 and are in full-time education
- eligible for an NHS complex lens voucher – your optometrist will advise you on your entitlement
- receiving Income Support or Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (not Contribution-based)
- receiving Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- receiving Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- receiving Universal Credit
- entitled to, or named on, a valid NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate
- named on a valid NHS certificate for full help with health costs (HC2). People named on an NHS certificate for partial help with health costs (HC3) may also get help
The value of the voucher you get depends on your prescription. The stronger or more complex your prescription, the greater the value of the voucher you can receive. Our staff will be able to tell you the value of your individual voucher.